RN wanted for a residential summer camp located on Skeleton Lake in the Muskokda region near Hunstville, Ontario. Camp Ramah in Canada is a non-profit Jewish summer camp.
The camp is seeking an RN to work in the camp infirmary.
Camp Nursing is a rewarding opportunity to care for others in a non-traditional setting. Working in a camp environment provides a fun, challenging experience and opportunities for growth and leadership in a camp community.
Camper population 375 – 425 campers ages 8 – 16 plus 150 staff members.
This is a summer position, starting June 25 – ending August 16, 2012.
Accommodations and meals are provided. Meals provided in camp dining hall setting.
The infirmary team includes a rotating Doctor, 2 Full time Nurses and Clinical Assistant.
The RN will be responsible for the administration of health and safety needs of the campers and staff. The applicant should be flexible and able to adapt to different environments and schedules. He or she should be responsible, hard-working with a good bedside manner, friendly and personable. Strong assessment abilities will be considered. Prior experience with children an asset.
- Dispense medication
- General assessment and evaluation of unwell patients
- First aid, emergency care
- Medical record keeping
- Daily shifts in Infirmary
- Update rotating doctors of current medical issues
- Communicate with parents
- Communicating specific camper health needs (allergies, special diets) to staff
- Be the parent away from home
- Registered Nurse with a current College of Nurses of Ontario certificate or equivalent
- Standard First Aid course
Interested applicants please forward a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application by April 15th, 2012.
Thank you for your interest; only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.